Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beach Bum!!






Hola!

So for the last few days I have been spending some much needed time at the beach!! Today all of us girls went to the beach and tanned for a few hours... you can't spend a lot of time at the beach because the ozone layer is so thin here that you burn so bad... as I have learned from when I first got here!! Last night I got my hair beaded chilean stylez and bought some hippy jewellery... I feel so laid back here you can pretty much wear anything!! I am still super sick so it is hard to get out there and do stuff... but I'm trying to press through!! Yesterday we had to go get our "rut card" which is like a Chilean ID for foreigners... that took a whole 4 hours of my life that I will never get back... things here are so disorganized and there are no signs so you don't know what the hell you are doing half of the time and you pretty much have to figure everything out for yourself. I seem to be living at the mall lately as well but I never buy anything!! I AM STILL SHOCKED THAT NOTHING HERE FOR THE MAIN PART, IS CHEAPER THAN IT IS IN CANADA!! That is because Chile is the most industrialized and economically stable country in South America... but I hear once I go to Argentina or Peru everything is much, much cheaper. So I am trying to wait for that. Tonight I think we might be going out.... I love to go out but I HATE HAVING TO TRY TO GET HOME!!!!! You cannot walk anywhere by yourself after dark... you are pretty much asking for trouble if you do!! Anywho's I will update soon! I have attached some pictures from yesterday then today at the beach!!! xoxo

No comments: