Friday, April 4, 2008

I am back!


The volcano that I climbed


Me finishing climbing the glacier


Me and Allison around the lava


Allison and I on the glacier again


Happy!
Hello!

I have returned from Pucon... I got back this morning after a 13 hour bus ride! My trip was super fun... I left on Monday night and Allison, Hannah, Laura and me arrived in Pucon on Tuesday morning and then went to our hostel called "Donde German"... it was super nice and really clean which is the main thing. Right away we signed up for a horse back riding tour somewhere out in the mountains and on a native reserve... so we got to see indigenous people of Chile and it was great. The horse back riding here is so chill... not like anything back home where the horses know the route and you never actually have to do anything. Here, we had to wear all this horse back riding gear... and we actually had to steer the horses and the guide at some points just took off so we had to do everything ourselves and then we ran in the sand and down by the river and it was really fun. Then that night we went to bed early because we wanted to climb the volcano that is in Pucon... it is the second most active volcano in South America and it stood at 900 meters or something like that. Anyways it took HOURS to climb and get back down.. and I didn't realise that there would be a glacier involved also. So we climbed for a couple of hours the first part which was all rock and dust, then the second part we had to put on a snowsuit and claws on our feet and use ice picks to climb the glacier.. then the last part we had to climb through more rock and it was so hard. I was one hurting unit after that. Then that night we went to the hot springs and drank wine for a few hours to try and rest our muscles. The next day we had some friends come to Pucon that are exchange students also and we just chilled all day.. sat on a few patios and drank pisco sours/mangos all afternoon until it was time to leave for the bus. This weekend I met a ton of interesting people, mostly at the hostel, who thought it was necessary to share life advice... very interesting.
Anywho's here I am today, very tired, and hopefully going to nap all afternoon!! I will post pics for you to look at!
Talk soon!
Besitos!

No comments: